“Overkill” is Just Enough
Organizations have an ethical (and sometimes legal) obligation to their clients to protect sensitive information. Disposing of computer hard drives that haven’t been properly wiped can expose your organization, as well as your customers or patients, to devastating breaches of security or privacy. Simply erasing or reformatting hard drives doesn’t guarantee that the information is irretrievable.
A security breach created by hard drive mismanagement can be equal to millions of physical pages and records of information lost. The AccuShred NW hard drive destruction processes includes platter destruction and metal reprocessing of hard drive components. We also follow a NAID-approved best practice to track the chain of custody from receipt through reprocessing using each drive’s unique serial number. Whether you have one hard drive or hundreds, AccuShred NW will ensure the destruction of your hard drives in a safe, secure, compliant manner.
Why Physically Destroy Hard Drives?
Data retrieval specialists can tease astonishing amounts of data out of drives that have been erased, reformatted and even written over. The best way to make sure your sensitive information never falls into the wrong hands is by physically destroying your hard drives.
If your organization is subject to privacy protection laws and regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley or Oregon’s Consumer Protection Act, certified electronic media destruction is an easy way to make sure you remain in compliance with data management regulations.
Our Hard Drive Destruction Process
AccuShred NW offers both on- and off-site hard drive destruction services.
1. Call AccuShred NW to set up a time.
2. We will bring our custom-designed equipment and destroy the drives at your location, or pick up the drives and take them to our facility.
3. If you opted for off-site destruction, you are welcome to witness the destruction of the drives in person at our facility.
4. We provide you with a document listing the serial numbers of all drives destroyed, as well as a NAID-approved “Certificate of Destruction”.
5. We can return the destroyed media to you or send it through metal reprocessing.
Other Media Destruction Services
In addition to hard drives, we can also securely dispose of:
- Floppy Disks
- Server back-up tapes